The purpose of this council is to provide both the youth and the elected official an opportunity to engage in an open dialogue. Youth selected for this program will be a part of a committee with other youth selected across their region to take part in a one year program where they are able to speak about and debate a variety of issues and topics.
Participants will meet every 1-2 months to discuss what matters most to them. During this time, they will work to organize community based projects to help improve our community.
Youth who exhibit the following:
● Leadership in their school or community
● An interest in governmental work and local issues that apply to them
● Willing to work as part of a team
● Can assume a leadership role as well as take direction
● Enjoys making a difference
● Shows: enthusiasm, maturity, initiative, dependability, flexibility, integrity and a
willingness to learn.
Join the 2018 Surrey-Centre Youth Council today! Follow the link below:CYC Application Form
Follow the #YouthMatters conversation!
© 2020 Randeep Sarai. All rights reserved.